Saturday, January 20, 2018


I have had a lot of fun playing with my new Fantasy Floral dies from Altenew and wanted to use them to make a set of cards for a gift.  My problem was I didn't have a great variety of coordinating colors - so off to the paint store to pick up some paint swatches.  They were so much fun to pick out and already were arranged in a gradation of colors - easy peasy!!  The new Pantone colors of the year were even there.

Also grabbed a bunch of different greens for leaves.  So now have a great selection of card starters.  The only problem I had with the paint swatches was that if you need to rub off some glue the color comes with it - I used a fine tip glue pen to put my flowers together and only messed up one flower.  Most of these colors are from Glidden paints and have a rather shiny finish on the paper.  Think I'll check out some other paint departments for a matte finish paper.

Have a good weekend.  Going to see the new movie "The Post" and out for pizza after with a bunch of friends.

Friday, January 19, 2018


I made my red bird card for the Merry Monday challenge this week which was to use red and turquoise on a Christmas card.  When I finished, decided to use the little bird and ferns on another card so it would qualify for Darnell's Twofer challenge (feathers).  The birds will also fit into SSS Monday challenge (birds of a feather)

My sweet little bird is an old MB die, the ferns are from PTI's Meadow Greens and the little sentiment is from Altenew's Beautiful stamp set.  Nuvo drops were used on both cards for a little accent.  I didn't put a sentiment on the outside of the red bird card because I felt it would distract from the design and it's easy to see it can be a holiday card.  Distress inks were used on both cards.

Thanks for stopping by and your comments are so appreciated.

Wednesday, January 17, 2018


Darnell has started a new challenge called the Twofer challenge and it truly was a challenge for me - don't know why - maybe I just made too much of it.  The first card (sympathy) came together easily, but it took a lot of playing around to come up with the second one.  The challenge is to make two different cards with the same stamp for two different occasions and according to the challenge theme (feathers).

The sympathy card was silver embossed and then watercoloured with distress inks.  The happy card is an "in and out" card using Jennifer McGuire's technique - I had done cards like this before, but not as a trifold.  I left the inside sentiment off and will add birthday or some other suitable sentiment when the need arises.  Used an old Hero Arts feather stamp for both cards.

I am also going to enter this in A2Z "new to me" challenge as making a trifold card was a first for me and haven't used that feather stamp in ages and also entering in SSS Monday challenge (birds of a feather).

Thanks for stopping by and hope you like my cards.

Monday, January 15, 2018


I have had the Altenew Fantasy Floral dies since before Christmas and just now am getting around to trying them out.

I die cut the flowers and leaves with watercolour paper and then used my Kuretake watercolours.  Used my pale gray Zig and water to do the shadowing around the flower.  Put it all together on the wonky die cut rectangle and then onto a pale gray card base.  Added the little white embossed birthday sentiment and a few rosewater Nuvo drops.

Am entering this in CAS Watercolour birthday challenge.

Thanks for stopping by and love to read your kind comments.

Saturday, January 13, 2018


The challenge this month on The Flower Challenge is to "spotlight" - stamp the image in black and white and then to only color a portion.  

Colored my pink flower with alcohol markers, die cut with a wonky border, added the little sentiment and mounted with foam on a pale gray base.  Added a few Nuvo drops for accent and done. 

Thanks for stopping by and love to read your kind comments.

Thursday, January 11, 2018


The CAS Watercolour theme challenge this month is birthday and the CAS Mix-Up challenge is to use cling wrap - so combined the two challenges for my card today.

The background uses cling wrap and Tsukineko frost ink (see how to here) - when dry I sponged iced spruce and broken china distress inks over all.  The background was die cut with stitched rectangle frames and mounted on a pale gray card base - outer edge of the frame is popped up with foam tape.  The flower was watercoloured with my Zigs - added the little sentiment and a few Nuvo drops - and done.

i used embossing, stamping and die cutting as extras on my card for both challenges.

Thanks for visiting today and your kind comments make my day!

Tuesday, January 9, 2018


This month the Ellen Hutson Mix It Up challenge is partnering with Concord & 9th.  One of my newer stamp sets is Hello Lovely from C & 9th, so paired that with a sentiment from Ellen's Mondo Hydrangea.

I stamped the flower with Versamark and gold embossed - then fussy cut around the one side.  This was adhered to a piece of pp, the sentiment added and foam mounted on a pale gray base - added gold and silver Nuvo drops and done!

Thanks for dropping by today and love to read your kind comments.

Saturday, January 6, 2018


It's been ages since I entered a Merry Monday challenge - but was inspired by this week's hostess (Linda) to use embossing (it's been ages since I used dry embossing too!).

Actually, I used both dry and heat embossing on my card as the sentiment was stamped in black and then heat embossed with clear.  So the first 2018 Christmas card is done!!

Thanks for stopping by and love to read your kind comments.