Thursday, August 13, 2026

JUGS CHALLENGE

This week the challenge at JUGS is "WATER" - stamp, die cut or use water are all fine.  Have you ever done blowing bubbles on paper??? I've used watercolor paper and Bristol paper and both work well - you just need a heavy weight cardstock.  Here is a short video demo - https://www.youtube.com/shorts/opZK-szVjXM.  I used acrylic paints, a few drops of Dawn and not very much water - I've also used tube liquid watercolor, but acrylic is much cheaper.  Deep colors work best.  I've done this technique with my card class several times and it's always popular.

These are my two bubble colored pieces before I cut them out. 


I made a Z fold card using side panels embossed with Altenew's Curving Leaves folder and then Grand Dahlia flowers and leaves dies.  Will wait until I need a special card for someone before adding a sentiment.

I hope you like my inspiration card and will join in the challenge this week.  You have a week to design and enter. 
Crafty Hugs,
 

 
 

 
 

11 comments:

  1. Your 'blowing bubbles' floral arrangement is so pretty and a wonderful showcase of this new-to-me technique. The embossing and fun fold are delightful special touches. Once again, thank you for sharing your creativity with us.
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely flower made with the water colored paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to have you designing with us this month, Betty! Your debut card is just lovely. Your watercolored paper is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Betty. Love the colours you did. The card looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the texture and interest that the bubble technique give to your die cuts. Whoever ends up with this card is going to love it. Thank you for introducing me to a new (at least to me) technique that I can do with my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been a while since I tried that technique and my results were not as good as yours, Betty. That bubble paper added lots of texture and color variation to your lovely flower and leaves. It's great to have you designing with us this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betty...what a cool technique!! Love the effect and your card. So glad you are playing with us this month at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the look of the bubble technique for your beautiful flower and leaves! Awesome design with the z-fold and embossed pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooooooh! an old technique I haven't seen for an age - loving the result you got here Betty. Great layers depth and colours. Now I want to blow bubbles lol!

    ReplyDelete

  10. The technique you used resulted in a fabulous floral for your pretty card, Betty! All the emobossing adds so much to the card as well! Pretty colors and great design all around!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous bubble water panels and I love the flowers you crafted from them, Betty!! Gorgeous Z-fold!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!