I probably spent more time on my card as guest designer on the JUGS Challenge Mood #837 than ever before!! I was being pretty literal in creating my card - colors and design following the photo pretty exactly and that's probably why.
I cut two circles in the lighter green, trimmed a bit off and made little flaps to fold over the sides of the single layer of dark green. On the back I covered the flaps with a piece of white cardstock slightly smaller than 5.5" x 4.25". With the flaps and the sunflower, I didn't want too thick a card. Under the flaps is a small birthday wish. Recipient will have to prop this card up to display.
The dark green background is subtly embossed with Altenew's Geo Steps and the side flaps with Curving Leaves. The sunflower is from Honey Bee, the butterfly and smaller leaves from Altenew.
Crafty hugs,

Betty, your card is a lovely take on the mood board - and certainly worth the time you invested to create it. Someone will be thrilled when this arrives in their mailbox. Again, thank you for sharing your talents with us.
ReplyDelete~carol
Betty....swoon! Love the texture. Love the colors... and I love how you handled the butterfly. Great card. Thrilled you are sharing your talents with Just Us Girls this month!
ReplyDeleteQuite the fabulous inspired card!
ReplyDeleteThis is a pretty take on Lisa's photo Betty. I like how you took the colors from the mood board and used flowers and a butterfly on yours. Speaking of butterfly, yours is a beauty!
ReplyDeleteWowee, I love your interpretations of the photo! This is such a pretty card, Betty. I like the idea of the embossed circles to create the flaps in the background!
ReplyDeleteHi, Betty! Congrats on your GD gig at Just us Girls - and your win! I adore your card and how you were inspired to use the photo! One can tell how much time you put into this gorgeous creation - it paid off!
ReplyDeleteYou may or may not know this, but my husband gathers Monarch caterpillars and their eggs and has quite the 'set up' for 'blooming' them on our front porch! Before the season is up, we'll have hundreds who begin life here and then travel all the way to Mexico for over-wintering. What does this all have with your card? I ADORE your gorgeous butterfly!
YOU and your gorgeous card have inspired my card today!
=] Michele
What a stunning card Betty. Great take on the mood board. It is really amazing.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! I love all of the dimension on this lovely design.
ReplyDeleteSimply stunning Betty. Such colour and detail to go with your lovely layout. That butterfly is just magical.
ReplyDeleteSuch a stunning card, Betty. The folded half circles made a great way to open the card for the sentiment. The large sunflower is the lead actor but that butterfly and those colorful leaves play wonderful supporting roles.
ReplyDeleteWow Betty - love the deep colors you pulled from the mood board! Gorgeous butterfly & sunflower!!
ReplyDelete