Saturday, September 14, 2019


I recently took an online class with the focus of using fashion designs as inspiration and, of course, fashion and design are everywhere.  Well, there it was right in front of me in church this morning - a lady in front of me had this shirt on that had pale oatmeal flowers overlaid with gray stripes - the base was oatmeal also.  Totally inappropriate to snap a photo in church, but as soon as I was home I popped into the craft room and started on my card.

I stamped the new Gina K./Hero Arts collaborative florals in black on some oatmeal cardstock.  Then I placed a stripe stencil over it and added some soft granite stripes.  Trimmed it down to 3.75x5" and matted it in black.  Added the small sentiment and some Nuvo black drops and done!!

A Blog Named Hero has a new challenge starting tomorrow so be sure check it out - make a card and have a chance to win one of two Hero Arts gift certificates. 

Thanks for visiting today and always love to read your kind comments.

Wednesday, September 4, 2019


Freshly Made Sketches and Color Throwdown came together for me today.  When I saw the FMS sketch I immediately thought of the Book Club stamps from Altenew and decided to color them in the CT colors.

I used my copics to color the flowers, die cut the piece with a wonky stitched frame and put it on a navy card base.  Added the sentiment and a few Nuvo drops and done.

Thanks for stopping by and love to read your kind comments.

Monday, September 2, 2019


Kristina Werner and Lydia Evans are both designers that I always follow and am always so inspired by them.  Recently both of them have done watercolor techniques that I wanted to give a try.  

My first card was inspired by this card from Kristina.  I had a similar stamp set (Leaf Canopy from Altenew) and stamped it in autumn colors with distress inks - crushed olive, rusty hinge and wild honey.  Then I watercolored and splattered them just as Kristina did.  Changed up her design a bit by adding the sentiment in the lower right corner. This technique is so easy and fast and gives wonderful results.

This card from Lydia was the inspiration for my second card.  I used the stamps from Billowing Blossoms and also one from the Hope set along with the same Altenew watercolors.  The doodling accents were a little difficult for me because I have a really hard time being random, but think I did ok.

The colors (even tho mine are a bit brighter) from the "Lydia" card fit Color Throwdown for this week so am entering it there.

Thanks for stopping by and always love to read your kind comments.

Thursday, August 29, 2019


This month our challenge at A Blog Named Hero is "Stretch Your Stamps" and I must admit this had me really stretching my brain!  I finally decided to use my Teacup Flowers as Christmas flowers as I thought one of the larger flowers looked like a poinsettia.

I began by stamping and die cutting multiples of the flowers and leaves - then coloring them with copic markers.  To arrange my flowers I used an acetate jig as I was going for a symmetrical balanced arrangement.

After figuring all that out, I used some Press 'N Seal to lift it up and then attach to my card.  Added this to a gold mat and then onto a navy card base.  Used some gold Nuvo drops and gold sequins to complete.  I'm pleased with the way it turned out and think it has a rather folk art look.

How are you going to stretch your stamps?  Have a go and enter your card here in our challenge this month - you'll have a chance at winning one of two Hero Arts gift certificates!!

Thanks for visiting today and always love to read your kind comments.

Monday, August 26, 2019


After going through my stash and doing a huge clean out and then a sale of it all and donating the leftovers to a school, I needed a little something to get me going again.  Altenew's Runway class was the perfect remedy.  It's sort of a combination of the old Runway challenge and Carissa Wiley's Muse class.  Over the weekend, I managed to do a card for each day's lesson - don't think I've ever finished my homework so early!!  Since I have six cards, I'm not going into much detail for each one.

Day 1 - Line

I used a Winnie & Walter stencil and Desert Night ink to created the background.  Vellum for the band and enamel dots mimic the belt on the jacket.  The sentiment is from SSS - You Matter.

Day 2 - Color

Altenew's Wallpaper Art stamps were used for the flower - orange Nuvo for the stamen to pick up the orange in the model's purse and a black border for the color in her scarf and boots.

Day 3 - Print

I couldn't help but use the leafy cover plate for my card after seeing this gorgeous gown.

Day 4 - Texture
The sheer flowered top called for vellum flowers - Wallpaper Art flowers embossed in white.

Day 5 - Shape and Form

When I saw this creation I immediately thought of Mid-Century frame die - the die cut was embossed in silver and the card base is silver metallic to recreate the shininess of the outfit.  Also rounded the corners of the card base to follow the form of the shoulders and sleeves.

Day 6 - Anything Goes

Jennifer used this design for inspiration today - used the flower and leaves from Adore You and pp from Enchanted Washes - flower and leaves were die cut and paper positioned in back.  Had a few smudges so covered them up with the sequins.

Thanks for enduring this lengthy post and love to read your kind comments.