>

Monday, August 24, 2020

RAINBOW BIRTHDAY

I have been sorting out, destashing or in other words - just plain getting rid of stuff.  In doing this tho, I have found all sorts of treasures I had quite forgotten I had.  Among all were these cute MFT birthday candles that my friend Cat sent me ages ago.  Making a card is so much more fun than cleaning up a craft room!!!

 

I colored the candles with copics and the flames with a gold pen and added some glam to the gold with a sparkle pen.  Die cut the letters in gold metallic, arranged all on a black slimline card and done!  My card is 3.5x8.5.  If you are into making this size card Hobby Lobby has the perfect size envelope in their Paper Studio line (white and kraft - $4.99 for 25).  Also Amazon has the colored ones - the size of these envelopes is A9 - 3 7/8x8 7/8 - perfect fit!  

I am entering my card at Seize the Birthday where the theme is "rainbow colors".  Except for the painstaking part of lining up those candles and letters, this was a fun card to make - and way more fun that cleaning out!!!! 

Have a good day! 

 

10 comments:

  1. Adorable slimline with all the candles, Betty! Not enough candles for my birthday - LOL! Love the gold jumbo celebrate too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Betty. Worth the lining up of the letters. Yes it is much more fun to create than clean up! I was looking for a particular stamp the other day when I found a MFT stamp set from years ago, that I have never even opened. Still sitting on my desk waiting for my mojo to kick in

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wow design, Betty, with the brights and metallic gold against the black!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betty I thought those candles looked familiar. You have done a fabulous job making this card! I may have to case the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! I laughed when you mentioned "painstakingly lining up candles & letters"! People never understand how frustrating that can be... so what was your technique for getting them so straight? Sometimes I just make things wonky on purpose..so much easier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I taped my card to work surface - put my T ruler where I wanted it and also taped it down with purple tape - and nothing moved! Made sure my head was straight over the ruler when I put items down.

      Delete
  6. Absolutely love this card, Betty! Really the perfect design for a slimline card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fabulous card Betty! Love that you paired the candles with the gold lettering! So happy to see this great slimline card in our gallery at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this funky card! I agree, making a card is definitely more fun than cleaning up a craft room :)
    Thanks for playing along with our rainbow challenge at Seize The Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea and beautiful design!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!