>

Sunday, October 9, 2016

GHOSTING

For this month of Halloween, "ghosting" is a fitting technique.  CAS Mix-Up challenge wants us to use it, stamping and a choice (die cut).

I used distress inks for both of my cards - tried other watercolour backgrounds and none gave the effect I wanted.  On my first card I sponged iced spruce, evergreen bough and peacock feathers and used Artplorations mini leaf stencil - spritzed with pearlized water (although it can't be seen in the photo).  Put the piece behind a stitched frame and added my copper leaf and the little sentiment.



I used abandoned coral and dried marigold inks and a leaf stencil for my second card.  Die cut a section with a stitched frame die and then put it all back together adding a piece of vellum to the center to soften the color.  Added the copper die cut leaf and a sentiment and done.  The die and stencil are from Memory Box and are discontinued.



Thanks for stopping by and enjoy reading the wonderful comments you leave!

 

14 comments:

  1. Both cards are so beautiful Betty. LOVE the soft blues/greens paired with the copper leaf. I see some shopping in my future ... that leaf is awesome! And I love the corals/pinks of your second card with the vellum insert and pretty leaf die-cut. The vellum does really soften the look and also creates more contrast with your leaf. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful examples of ghosting, Betty! Both are amazing with the copper Die Cuts! Thanks so much for sharing these with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both your cards are so beautiful Betty. I love your ghosting techniques and CAS designs. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific designs--beautiful cards, Betty! Love framing the background pieces & using small sentiments--very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning Betty. Really love the blue one. The ghosting looks amazing on it. And love that leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it is a perfect choice of technique for October and I absolutely love your cards Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two really gorgeous cards, Betty! I love the colors you chose for the ghosting technique and your copper die cuts work perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning cards Betty - LOVE them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two beautiful cards! Love the copper die cuts you added to each, and also the way you framed the ghosted panels. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. To beautiful cards again.... love the technique You used

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are both stunning, Betty! I am loving the second card combo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Betty, your cards are lovely, you rocked this technique.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!