>

Sunday, March 29, 2015

BOLD BLOOMS

Ellen Hutson has a challenge out there now to use an Essentials by Ellen product with a Pinterest inspiration (funny enough it's the same photo I used in February for the Hero Arts scramble).  Anyway I am in love with the new Bold Blooms stamps and dies so had to use them in my cards today.

On the first card I die cut the flower and leaves from black card and embossed with HA clear embossing powder as I wanted the flower to be as shiny as the gold stripes.  The background for the whole front of the card is Neenah white gold metallic (I have 200 4 1/4"x5 1/2" pieces printed on one side that Office Max screwed up on a print job for me - anyone want some of it?? - perfectly good on the blank side!)  The gold stripe paper is from a Teresa Collins Studio Gold pad.  The little glitter gold heart is also from TC.

The second card has the bloom and leaves cut from gold Neenah metallic card with vellum on the back just to give a little more interest.  The hearts and striped paper are from TC.

These cards are going to be part of a set for a prize at a bridge weekend coming up in April.  Six years ago a friend and I organized this bridge weekend at a beautiful lodge in Nebraska City - we start on Friday night with dinner and bridge and then play all day Saturday - the first year we had 16 women - this year there are 32 - and it is so fun - that is if you like to play bridge and eat and win fun prizes!!

Thanks for visiting today and love your kind comments.  Betty

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeousness! These are certainly elegant and lovely. The color scheme is fantastic! They'll make a great prize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Betty. I really like the bold flowers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard to choose a favourite but the bold black bloom edges it! Love them

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Betty - love the stylish designs and black and gold!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought I had seen that photo...you Trend Setter! Love your take on the picture Betty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are so elegant, Betty! I love all the details in the flowers and leaves against the linear stripes...so fresh and modern! I think your cards are going to bring a lot of joy to someone at your bridge weekend...they're really beautiful!
    I hope Office Max made good on their mistake...good heavens!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hope you have fun--love these cards! can't believe they messed up so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Came over from Becca's blog to look around and really like your style! These cards are wonderful and perfect for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful...love the graphic look of your pretty cards....

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are so beautiful , Betty .... never seen that die , but it is great
    Love the colors on the cards, to

    Have a nice Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both are so pretty! I love the black die-cut flowers. I have that die set on my wish list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! Bold, but clean and simple!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!