Hero Arts has a new blog look - a great makeover - easy to navigate and looks fantastic. They also are having a challenge for us to do makeover on one of our own cards. I did one already and then went thru some oldies and decided to update one of cards with one of the HA all time favorites of mine - hydrangea.
Actually I like the coloring on the old version, but the rest of it is pretty scary - way too busy - no white space. For my makeover, I stamped the hydrangea in distress pumice stone and then colored with Zig clean brush markers and water - I was aiming for no line watercoloring - didn't quite make it - but I like it anyway. Instead of just straight line cuts, I used MFT stitched edges, added the little Clearly Besotted sentiment and some clear sequins - done and dusted!
I couldn't find the hydrangea (K5376) on HA website, but did find it in several places on the secondary market. Think HA needs to make it in a clear stamp along with a matching die - would buy it in a minute! I took mine off the wooden block and made it into a cling of sorts.
Thanks for visiting today and your kind comments. Betty