>

Thursday, March 23, 2017

POPPIES & BLING

This month the challenge at A Blog Named Hero is bling.  The inspiration for the design of my card was this post from Jennifer McGuire - she always has such unusual techniques and this one really caught my fancy!


Received my order of some new HA products last week and had to try out the new Color Layering Poppy.

I stamped the smaller poppy and stems directly onto the inside card and the larger poppy was stamped, die cut and popped up (just a little bit!).  Then stamped the sentiment in black and clear embossed on the vellum.  Added a few sequins and some clear Spectrum Noir on the poppies both on the inside and out.  These new Hero Arts poppies are so easy to layer and stamp - used pale tomato and a pink from the HA Lia inks.



You can see the clear glitter on the closeup a bit better.  Be sure to check out Jennifer's post for the complete technique - and be sure to enter the challenge here at A Blog Named Hero.

This weekend on Saturday and Sunday A Blog Named Hero is having a huge blog hop to celebrate their fifth birthday - big prizes and big names in it - like Hero Arts, Simon Says Stamp, Winnie and Walter, Jennifer McGuire, Yana Smakula. My post will be on Sunday so be sure to stop by.  Each day has special prizes so make sure to check everyone out and comment on each post!!  The pic below shows all the great companies who have sponsored us in the past and some have offered generous prizes.

 
Thanks for visiting today - love to read your kind comments.


10 comments:

  1. I've got 1/2 done cards for the challenge, but maybe now I'll finish one! I marked that post as a favorite, but never got around to doing it. Love your card, Betty--beautiful poppies & I "need" to get some of the ombre sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the vellum card Jennifer shared, too! Without white embossing of the image on the vellum, your card has more dreamy look, Betty! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Betty! I saw that video too . . . such a lovely technique and you have done Jennifer proud with this one! Have a wonderful day! Luv n’ Hugs. Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Betty. I'm waiting impatiently for my poppy to arrive. I bet it will come this weekend while I'm away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really stunning, Betty! You have really channeled Jennifer perfectly!! Enjoy a great weekend!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Betty. I haven't seen the video yet...so much to catch up on now that I am home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card, Betty! I love your design and how you placed the vellum...a lovely take on Jennifer's technique!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!