>

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

UPCYCLED CARDS

I have had some very pretty commercial Christmas cards in my stash for some time and the other day decided to see what I could do with them.  


 
The two deer cards started out as a trifold card which I cut apart - the trees and the large deer are from the original card - I added snowbanks, the black deer, card base and the Nuvo drops snowflakes.  The glitter holly is the upcycle part - I cut out a branch, arranged it all on a card base, added the red berry Nuvo drops.  In the second photo, the bottom left card was just mounted on some fun foam and then added to the card base - I added the glitter dots.  The ornament card just had the vellum sentiment added, and the embossed part of the top card was put on a gray card base and I added the glitter snowflake and gold star in the center - sentiment is on the inside on that one.
 
That's all for today - thanks for stopping by.
 

 

5 comments:

  1. I have a stash, too, but still haven't done anything with them. Yours are amazing--so beautiful, Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all so lovely Christmas cards...look great with the Novo Drops

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Betty, these are gorgeous. I never thought of up cycling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did an amazing job upcycling, Betty...Your cards are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing this idea with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!