>

Saturday, November 3, 2018

POINSETTIA SHINE

A few weeks ago I took the latest Altenew Academy class - Let It Shine Holiday Edition with Carissa Wiley.  Life seemed to get in the way and I only have one card finished for my homework.  


Carissa showed us how to add shine to our watercolors by adding some shimmer spray.  Since I didn't have any shimmer spray, I added some Perfect Pearls to my Altenew watercolors to paint my poinsettias - difficult to see in the photo but those lighter parts on the poinsettia are really shiny.  On the card base I stamped some mistletoe with some morning frost ink. 

I am entering this in CAS Watercolour Challenge for this month which is Christmas florals and greenery.




Thanks for stopping by and love to read your kind comments.





12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Betty. I bet it is lovely and shiney up close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--this is my kind of card! Absolutely gorgeous, Betty! I love the softly stamped background (still have that set on my wishlist), the beautiful gold word & those incredible poinsettias! Just may have to case this one! PS--Go Huskers & Go Ducks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Betty! LOVE the subtle tone-on-tone stamping of your mistletoe background. The dark blue layer is so rich and saturated, making how beautifullly watercoloured poinsettia and greenery just pop. So pretty with the gold accents. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous. I love poinsettias so this is one stunning card. Love the idea of adding the perfect pearls to the Altenew inks. I have some iridescence medium which I must use. You have given me a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how these beautiful, shimmery poinsettias stand out against the navy background, Betty! The subtle stamping of the mistletoe on the card base adds extra interest! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgoeus card Betty. Love the mistletoe background behind your beautiful poinsettia. I can imagine how lovely it is IRL with the perfect pearl mix.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful Betty! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card Betty...I love seeing the red poinsettias.
    Thanks so much for playing along with the CAS Watercolour Challenge.
    :) Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Using Perfect Pearls was a great substitute for shimmer spray...Your Poinsettia's are beautiful and really pop against the black background!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!