>

Thursday, January 17, 2019

FUSION BUTTERFLY

The Fusion Challenge features butterflies this time and I haven't done a butterfly card in ages!
When I took out my PTI Life is Beautiful stamps there was a butterfly already die cut that I had smooshed in some bright pink watercolors.  So I took my copics and added some shading in the colors from the challenge photo.  I created the background on soft gray cardstock by stamping various butterflies in clear embossing powder and put it on the same color card base.  Added a silver thread nest behind my butterfly and done!


I like the way the watercolored part of my butterfly is sort of spattered and gives some added texture.

Thanks for stopping by - love to read your kind comments.

7 comments:

  1. Love your background of gray butterflies and bits Betty. Your colored butterfly is gorgeous and picks up that feeling from the inspiration photo quite nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! The subtle images of the butterflies make a lovely background for your big colorful one! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to add color with your Copic markers, Betty...I love the effects! Such a beautiful background, too...your tone-on-tone butterflies are so pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool, artsy card, Betty--gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE LOVE LOVE your butterfly Betty. It is amazing. Such a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Betty! I love the soft inky background and the bold beautiful butterfly die cut! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!