>

Thursday, July 4, 2019

MORE HOMEWORK

I'm finally getting around to posting the rest of my homework from Therese's 3D Floral Focus class from Altenew Academy. 

Day 2 - Monochromatic
Just alternated the layers of this peony to create this monochromatic look.  Added some stitched borders for some texture.
Day 3 - Inlay Die Cut
I had a terrible time doing this - I don't think my brain works in reverse!!!  But finally figured it out to some degree.  The dotted vellum is overlaid onto some dark blue/gray cardstock.
Day 5 - Design Paper & Washi
An extra card for day 5.  Used the same design as I did for my card the other day.  The black and white tape is actually packing tape that I adhered to a piece of white cardstock.
Day 6 -  Combining Stamps and Dies
I love how this turned out with the pale blue leaves in the background of the layered flowers.  Will decide later what kind of sentiment will be used.
Thanks for stopping by and love to read your kind comments.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Betty, these are all so very beautiful! I hear you with the 'thinking in reverse' comment, I always have to stop and think before I inlay die cut layers lol (and I Love the subtle layer of dotted vellum that you added to the background too). Also there is something about your gorgeous blue hibiscus card, it's so serene and perfectly balanced, I adore it... actually I adore them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH, I saw these over on IG first and they are simple the bomb! Fabulous cards Betty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous set, Betty! Especially love the neutrals - you do them so exquisitely!! But my fave is the blue hibiscus - to die for!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally amazing Betty. I gave up on trying the inlaid one... just too complicated. Glad you managed it. Thanks for inspiring me to sign up for the class. I totally enjoyed it

    ReplyDelete
  5. You finished at the top of the class, Betty! So much beauty in one post! I love them all, but the last one is my absolute favorite! The stamped blue leaves for the background are PERFECTION! I need to try layering papers again--love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All so lovely!! A++ from me. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!