>

Tuesday, January 21, 2020

TWOFER

Today I have a real "twofer" as I used all the die cuts both negative and positive between my two cards.  







My first card is partial die cutting with a piece of patterned paper behind the the die cut section.  Then I die cut the hearts from the same paper and arranged them around the "love" along with the "you".  For my second card I sponged a rectangle of cardstock with abandoned coral and picked raspberry distress inks to match the colors in the paper.  Added the negative piece from my first card along with some leftover hearts, the sentiment and a few Nuvo drops.  I plan on using my first card as a valentine and the second one as just an "anytime" card to send to one of my lovely granddaughters.  I used the sketch from Case This Sketch for my second design.

Will enter these two cards in Darnel's Twofer Challenge for using hearts, two different designs for two different occasions and using the same die.  My second card will also be entered at Case This Sketch#355.  The die I used is from Poppystamps and will enter in their "From the Heart" challenge.




Thanks for stopping by today and your kind comments make my day.

11 comments:

  1. Betty, way to go combining challenges. You rocked that sketch for sure. Great way to use both the negative hearts and the positive outline from that stacked hearts die. Your Valentine surely will get the message across, and anyone would love that note card. Thanks for playing along at Twofer Card Challenge #23.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using the die cut waste from one card to make the other is a great idea and oyu've really nailed it with your lovely cards

    Jane
    Guest Designer at Twofer Card Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to rock the Twofer challenge, Betty! I love both your designs using the positive and the negative bits of your cascading hearts die! The patterned paper you chose is so pretty and that partial die-cutting of the LOVE has me intrigued. How did you keep the plates steady to get the cut perfect at the base of those letters?! For your second design, you also rocked the CTS sketch with your perfectly blended panel! I love the splatters and the bling, too! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer's 2nd Blogaversary challenge! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love your cards, Betty! Wouldn't even realize you used the same die as they look so different!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever idea to use your positive and negative die-cut hearts, Betty! I also love your partial die-cutting on the sentiment, too! I think you nailed it, my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your two cards are both beautiful, Betty! I love how you used both the positive and negative cuts from that beautiful paper. I have that die, so it's great to get some specific inspiration! Great partial die cutting with the paper peeking from behind, and a wonderful detail having your sentiment stamped on the two panels on your second card! Thanks for joining in the fun with us for the Twofer Card Challenge's second blogaversary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beauties, Betty! I adore how the sentiment pops up on the first one and shows off that sweet pp behind ... it's wonderfully adorned with matching hearts! The softly sponged panel on your second card sets off the outline hearts brilliantly ... so pretty with that tiny sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two beautiful cards
    Thanks for joining us at Poppystamps Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely cards Betty! Both so feminine and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two wonderful heart cards, Betty! Just love the jumbo LOVE on card one and the tumbling hearts on card two!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both cards are pretty with all the girly pink and the love pop-up is a fun touch! Thanks for playing along with us at Poppystamps!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!