>

Thursday, July 18, 2024

BUTTERFLY GARDEN

Here's my card for the current TicTacToe Challenge #252. I designed the board and I went down the left side with foliage, layers and butterfly.

I did some shading around the wreath leaves on the embossed background.  The background of the butterfly was a piece of blue that I found in my scrap box - it was from when I did whole bunch of backgrounds with the bubble watercoloring techinque. The lacy part of the butterfly is a piece of shiny vellum.  Added some clear "dew drops" to the leaves and done.  Will add a sentiment when I need a card for whatever occasion.  All of the dies I used are no longer available - the wreath was from Alexandra Renke and the background was from SSS.  The dewdrops are from Amazon.


Please join us for our challenge - you have until Thursday, 1 August at 12pm to enter.  Crafty hugs.



6 comments:

  1. Pretty blue butterfly within the foliage, Betty, and I love the embossed background too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So delicate and pretty Betty, beautiful board you created for us to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous Betty. Great board and an awesome card,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your board and beautiful card inspired me to get an entry made in time! Love seeing the AR wreath--need to use mine again! And I do love that embossing folder which I'm sure I also have! We do like a lot of the same things, don't we? Your butterfly is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty Betty - I absolutely love the dew drops on the leaves...it really does look like dew. I've never heard of the bubble watercoloring technique....will google!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!