>

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

BUTTERFLY RESCUE

I'm beginning to think that "random" is not my middle name - at least that's the way I feel about my watercoloring attempts for the online watercolor class.   I went through some attempts I didn't like  and came up with this card...
The background was made from Shari Carroll's tutorial on embossed background on day 5 and the butterfly was failed attempts from Laura's acrylic block watercoloring (day 1).  I wasn't liking putting a sentiment on the front so just decided to leave it be and put something inside when the time comes.

Have had some busy days since last Saturday and have lots of catching up to do.  Yesterday was primary election day in Nebraska - am an election worker and that means a really, really long day - 7am - 9 pm - setting up before the voters come and then taking down booths and stuff, plus counting ballots and making sure it all jives with number of signed in voters.  So am having a hard time getting going today.

Supplies: 
Stamp: HA Lattice background
Other: MB dies; HA embossing powder; Ranger distress inks and markers; Strathmore cold press watercolor paper

Thanks for looking and your kind comments.  Betty



4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Betty! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours, always like to use the scraps, they are always good!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my favorite colors and butterfly! In this card, do not change anything, because it is excellent.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!