Thursday, September 28, 2023


Designed a cute Halloween cat for this week's TicTacToe Challenge #228 created by Felicita.  I went down the middle with moon, orange and cat.

I made a shaker card with glittery stars and other bits for my little cat all dressed up in her witch hat.  The cat and the window die cuts are from very old PTI sets.  The bats in the background are from a Kitchen Sink set which is no longer available either.  The night sky was done with blended DO inks - black soot, pumpkin and chipped sapphire.

Hope to see you in our challenge this week - winner will be a future guest designer!

Thursday, September 14, 2023


Elizabeth has created a great board for us this week at TicTacToe Challenge #226.  I went across with metallic, free and gems.

supplies:  leaves; sentiment

I used Jennifer's embossing technique with copper metallic pigment ink on some light brown cs.  Then I die cut the leaves from that and arranged them on the light gray card base with a vellum overlay.  Added the birthday greeting, some gold sequins and done.

Hope to see your card in our challenge this week.  Crafty hugs, 



I had an order for a couple of cards this week - each entirely different.  

supplies: olive leaves

The top card was for a fall birthday and the person wanted white, black, tan and orange in it.  Obviously, the second card is for a new baby girl.

I used the larger of the two olive leaves dies for the wreath.  I sprayed an orange piece of cardstock with carved pumpkin DO mica spray and cut out the leaves to shape them into a wreath.  I die cut black circles for the berries from a confetti die.  The background was given a little more texture with an impression die.  Put it all together with a little sentiment and done!

The baby carriage die cut was in my box of stuff - probably twenty years old!  I added all the flowers and the sentiment to a textured background and it was ready to go.

Thanks for stopping by today.


Friday, September 8, 2023


Had such fun making this Halloween pop-up inspired by JM - only I had to modify a bit since I had this idea also to make the front a door.  It all worked out quite easily tho.  I used the measurements from this video.  

supplies: arches;

I wanted the inside to be a surprise and so left the front very plain.  I first did the folding for the back piece per Jennifer's instructions.  Then made the front piece using some arch dies for the front door.  Made two hinges to hold the door in place.  Set that aside for the time being.

Used some very old patterned paper for the background, added a die cut cobweb in the upper corner and stamped and embossed the sentiment.  Added this to the center section of the background piece.  Finally added the front to the back.  Lastly the little spider was hung from the inside the front door for a fun surprise when the door is opened.  I added a white piece on the back of the card for writing a note.

Instead of placing something heavy on my card to hold the front to the back when glueing, I used three large binder clips - worked great!!

I am entering my card at the Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by.