>

Saturday, May 23, 2015

PINE CONES

This week's Muse: Christmas Visions inspiration is a card with pine cones.  I used an old Technique Tuesday stamp as my focal point.  I colored the stamp with distress markers and then used my MISTI to repeatedly stamp until the colors were what I wanted.   Stamped an extra set of pine cones so that I could layer them over the edge of the frame.

The base of the card is SU crumb cake embossed with an old HA embossing folder.  The sentiment is from Hero Arts die cut from Neenah metallic cs.  The frame was die cut from MFT stitched rectangles.  The looped gold thread bow is DMC thread.  Although it's not apparent in the photo, the greens and pine cones are accented with Wink of Stella.

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy reading your kind comments.  Betty

4 comments:

  1. Betty, this is beautiful! I love the embossed cardbase and the shimmer from the gold twine! So glad you joined us at MCV this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another really beautiful card, Betty! I love how you created so much texture to the pine cones and using your twine was a genius idea! Stunning work, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So neat and how country and wonderful!!!! Love the embossing and the real nature feel of it!!! Thanks for joining in the festivities at the MUSE Christmas Visions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the texture and dimension. You had me at the loose gold threaded bow! Lovely card! Thanks so much for joining us at MCV!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!