>

Friday, July 8, 2016

SHADES OF PURPLE

I used a new (to me) stamp and die set today to make my card.  


The background was made by smooshing some ink on my craft sheet, spraying with with water and then smooshing the cardstock into it.  After it was dry, I die cut it and mounted it on a larger die cut.  The flowers and leaves were stamped with purples, teal and mint.  Lastly, added some Spectrum Noir clear glitter, sequins and the sentiment.  A very easy flower to stamp and with all the coordinating colors from Altenew there was little problem choosing what to use.

Thanks for your lovely comments and for coming by today.


10 comments:

  1. Betty it is lovely. Love the purples with the aqua - a stunning combo of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful color combo, Betty! One of these days I'm going to have to add Altenew to my collection--such gorgeous flowers! I really love the smooshed background you made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Betty. Love the colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! I just got this set in the mail yesterday and can't wait to ink it up! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely Betty, and gorgeous colors :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So soft and beautiful Betty! Have a lovely weekend! Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love the bouquet over your smooshed background, Betty!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, Betty! I think purples, teal and mint is such a beautiful color combo, and I love the bloom! Loving how you layered everything on this card, too...So elegant!
    Thanks for reminding me to pick up more of those Altenew color combos...they make life so much easier :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card! I love the flower with it's washed look/feel! So pretty! I hope you are staying cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so arsty and pretty! You sure know how to work a layered stamp, Betty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!