>

Monday, February 24, 2020

INSPIRATION CARD

The other day I posted a few inspiration photos from the recent Talbots catalog that I had put in my journal.  Yesterday I used one of them to design a card and what fun it was!  



I watercolored a large piece of watercolor paper with various shades of pink/coral and then die cut the layers of the flower.  I die cut the leaves just in white and did a little watercoloring on the tips.  Arranged everything and added a few copper Nuvo drops and done.  Another card to wait for a sentiment when needed.  I'm really pleased the way this turned out - adding brown was something I never would have done if it hadn't been in the clothing colors.  

I am entering this in Virginia's Show and Share for February and also The Flower Challenge to "add leaves."




Thanks for dropping by and always love to read your comments.

6 comments:

  1. THAT'S impressive! So glad you showed us how your inspiration turned into this lovely card. I've never done it before, but just might give it a go now! Thank you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Just love how you used the inspiration, Betty! I wouldn't have thought about using brown, either. This is one gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this over on IG first and thought it was stunning. Now seeing it again along with its inspiration...still STUNNING.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Betty. Love the way you used the inspiration from the catalogue. It's perfect

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful flower card, Betty! Just love how the inspiration colors lead you to create this fabulous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful inspiration and beautiful execution.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!