>

Sunday, June 27, 2021

AQUA AND BLACK

The Color Hues challenge this go around is to use aqua and black. 


 

I began by swiping four shades of aqua across a piece of watercolor paper.   Then I lightly spritzed it with water.  Stamped the flower first, then masked and did the leaves.  With each stamping I sprinkled clear embossing powder and heat set so it would be shiny and very black.  Trimmed my piece to 3.75"x5" and mounted on a black card base.  Added a few enamel dots to the flower center and also a few scattered around.  No sentiment on this one - will wait until I need it for a special occasion.


 Thanks for stopping by today.


 

11 comments:

  1. Betty, Your swiped background looks really fabulous! I love that the colors blend together so perfectly. This card really caught my attention in the gallery at Color Hues! Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous with the ombre aqua, Betty!! And the embossed black flower and leaves really pop!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love the colors and your swiping technique

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful Betty. This is one stunner of a card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Ombre background such a pretty card Betty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love the background you created! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Color Hues Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful--great design, Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lovely! That Altenew set is a favorite of mine, and your design is just perfect for it! The ink blended background is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so very pretty! The background is stunning! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so loving your ombré teal with that gorgeous bloom.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!