>

Tuesday, June 25, 2024

PRICKLY PEAR

I made a card today for the Altenew June Inspiration Challenge (colors) and am also going to enter it in the Creative Creases Challenge #85 (fun fold).

During Altenew's sale last week, I ordered the Prickly Pear dies - thought it was such a pretty flower - so used it in my card today.  I didn't include the cacti leaves from the set - used the leaves from Peony Dream instead.  I made a gate fold card (8.5"x5.5" and scored at 2 1/8 on either side to make an A2 card).  On either side of the folds, I added an embossed piece called Geo Steps. After die cutting the flowers and leaves from scraps, I arranged them and glued down on the left side of the gate fold.  Added a little enamel dot in the center of each flower and the sentiment - done and dusted!!

Thanks for stopping by.


6 comments:

  1. What a stunner Betty. Love the rich colours you chose for your flower. It totally pops of the front of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous gatefold, Betty - love your bold flowers and the wonderful texture!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty, this is such a beautiful gatefold card! I saw it in the Altenew FB Fan Group and left you a comment there, too, but I'm glad to come to your blog and get a closer look! I have the Prickly Pear set and love the flowers but not the leaves, so I'm grateful for the idea of using the Peony Dream leaves with these flowers. Your embossed background is a lovely backdrop for those gorgeous flowers! Thank you so much for entering your gorgeous card at Creative Creases Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty gatefold card, Betty! I l love those pretty flowers and the embossing makes such a subtle background. Thank you for playing with the Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping
    PS. Your link is to your blog, not your post. This will make it difficult for people to visit your card later, so it's important to copy the post link instead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am always a fan of a fun fold, lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betty, very pretty fun fold adorned with beautiful flowers. You even have a pen to match, amazing! Thank you for entering the Creative Creases Challenge this week.
    Rae in Reno, DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!