>

Monday, October 20, 2014

ONE STAMP - THREE CARDS

Today on Merry Monday, the challenge is to use non-traditional colors on a Christmas card.  So challenged myself to make three with the same stamp and in three different layouts.   For all three, I used a new holiday stamp from Hero Arts.
I did this card in green and grey - first white embossed the poinsettia and then sponged with distress ink.
I had the watercolored background in my stash so started with that piece for a color scheme of pink and turquoise.  Same technique with distress inks for the flower, but used copics on the leaves.  Also colored the pearls in the center with copics to coordinate. 

The pink and copper card was embossed with the solid stamp from the set.  I did two and cut out the center of one for a layered look.  Made my own little copper "berries" by dropping globs of Glossy Accents on my craft mat and then sprinkling with the copper glitter and let dry before adding to the center of the flower.  Just did the copper glittered leaves by putting tape on a piece of card and adding the glitter - then free hand cut.  Pretty messy - don't think I'll do this very often - maybe never again - wish I had had some copper stickles (is there such a thing??).  I had bought the pink embossing powder earlier in the summer - can't say I like it very much - doesn't compare to the "shinyness" of Hero Arts. 

I'll probably send some of the many Christmas cards I've been making lately to Jennifer McGuire's Caring Hearts Drive - it's a wonderful cause and there are even prizes.

Supplies: all three used HA CL796 "Peace Poinsettias"
Card 1: Teresa Collins "Tinsel & Co." pp; HA white embossing powder; MME enamel dots; HA 658286 - Medallion embossing folder; Ranger distress ink - shabby shutters; Ink - Memento London Fog
Card 2: Ranger distress ink - tumbled glass, spun sugar, picked raspberry; Ranger embossing powder - spun sugar; HA white embossing powder; Copics - BG72, BG75
Card 3: Ranger spun sugar embossing powder; MS copper glitter; PTI "Holiday Flourishes pp; SU "Sahara Sand" card base

Thanks for visiting and your kind comments are so appreciated.  Betty

19 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, as always, Betty! My favorite is that unusual grey and green!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to see three different versions of this card. Love all of them! Thanks for playing Merry Monday with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow all three cards are so pretty. The second one is one of my favorite non-traditional color combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three really GORGEOUS cards. Betty! Your designs are so elegant and the color combos are amazing...Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the green version but they are all lovely! Saw you via Merry Monday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really love the depth of color in the green one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all beautiful! I LOVE the green version the best! Maybe because it is my favorite color. :) Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are such fun cards! My absolute fav is the lime green and gray! I may have to use that combo because green is my favorite color! Thanks for sharing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh holy WOW, i never cease to be floored by how amazingly different the same "ingredients" can look in different colors; especially when they're ALL as lovely as these. but of course you know i have to LOVE the 2 pink and sparkly variations the best! (they're ALL fabulous, however!) thanks for "thinking pink" with us (times 2!!!) at JINGLE BELLES for an awesome cause! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all of these, Betty! I love that you came up with three different designs as well as three different colour combos - you are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all so pretty, Betty! I can't decide which I like the best! You'll be sparkling for a while I think! Glitter is fun but it lasts forever! Thanks for sharing these with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What wonderful poinsettias ... thanks for going PINK for a cause with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous cards, Betty - I am really impresses with your "embellishment making"! LOVE the green card - the dry embossing looks gorgeous behind the poinsettia :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love how you have done the same stamp 3 times and gotten such different looks!!!! Love it. Just had to drop by from the Merry Monday Christmas challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Betty, these are beautiful in the different colors you chose. I am loving the last one best because of the music background and just a bit more traditional. I do love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Betty, All three are beautiful cards! Love your color choices. Thanks for playing along with this week's Merry Monday challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. They're all beautiful, but the first one is my favorite! May have to case it, Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your cards, but the first one is my favourite, so elegant. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!