>

Sunday, July 24, 2016

STAMP-A-FAIRE NOTECARDS

Whenever my family gets together for a reunion in the summer, I like to take little handmade gifts for the gals in the family.  Next week, my son and family from England will be at my other son's and daughter's lake places near Detroit Lakes, Mn.  They each have a cabin near each other on the same lake so it works for all of us.

When I saw Danielle's notecards yesterday at PTI's Stamp-A-Faire I knew this was the gift for this year.  Tonite I finished seven sets of four cards each done in four colors.


Besides the two colors here, I also did a yellow and pink version.  This is a much simplified version of Danielle's cards, but when mass producing, simple is the operative word!!  When I first started using the liquid leaf gold, I had a royal mess and won't even go into that - just sayin' that paint thinner will take liquid leaf off a manicure and not harm the polish!  And don't try to liquid leaf a sheet of paper and then run it through the Cuttlebug - gold on your plates and in your dies is not a good thing.  All PTI products - alphabet, butterfly, papers and doilies - and I used Martha Stewart's liquid leaf.

Hope to maybe get a few more of the inspiration cards done tomorrow, but if not I'm happy that these are done thanks to Danielle's inspiration.  Thanks for stopping by and your kind comments.
 
 

10 comments:

  1. They'll love them Betty, and thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky gals in your family, Betty! These note cards are wonderful with the gold & I love using the monogram in the center of the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such pretty notecards,Betty ! I know they will be loved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great idea for a gift Betty. They will be very much appreciated no doubt. Enjoy spending time with your family

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to giggle at your liquid gold story up there, Betty!!! You justified my decision to just stick with pretty gold specialty papers when I need a little 'gilding'!!!;) (I'll leave the true gilding up to you pro's!!!) Seriously, though,...these notecards turned out so lovely and are such a nice idea for a personalized gift! Your family should be delighted!!! I so appreciate you stopping in to say 'hello', so very sweet of you to check on me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great monogram cards, Betty! Such fun colors and layers - fab gift idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just beautiful!! What a thoughtful little gift they will make!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful interpretation of Danielle's technique Betty! Your "gals" will be delighted. Great save on the manicure - lol! I too, had "fun and games" with the liquid guilding - worth it though.

    Have love holiday with your family :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, these are so sweet and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. GORGEOUS note cards, Betty! What a lovely gift for your family, too...a real home run!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!