>

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

TAG AND ORNAMENT

After cogitating for a while on how I would make gift card/cash cards for my grandkids this year, this is what I decided upon.

The ornament is made from five layers of die cuts with a piece of acetate between the third and fourth layers, gold sprinkles and then a circle back.  The gold paper and the tag itself are from the gorgeous paper pads found in the Target $ bins.  The "A" (for Anna) is a metal charm that I've had in my stash of good stuff for ages - I coated it with cranberry alcohol ink and then a coat of glossy accents on top for some dimension and shine.  The "joy" sentiment was die cut from the same gold pad.  On the back of the tag is a pocket which will hold a gift card.  I added enough of the green ribbon so it can be tied on the Christmas tree.  Also am making the same for Katie and Leah.  Not sure what Matthew's going to get yet!  

I am entering this in the A2Z Scrapbooking challenge this month which is "Anything but a Card".  Ellen Hutson's "12 Tags with a Feminine Twist" challenge has a sketch today (Day 7) which I loosely interpreted - shape of the tag and the gold and red on Melania's tag.  

Thanks for visiting today and love to read your kind comments.

20 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, that is just adorable and ALL THOSE LAYERS! Beautiful!

    Thank you for joining us at a2z Scrapbooking! ~Michele, DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous tag with ornament, Betty - the grandkids will love these!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful Betty. Anna is going to love this. And it's cool that she can hang it on the tree. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I know she'll love this--creative & beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic idea and tag Betty. I just picked up two more pads today Betty...still short one or two for the crafty gals, but I have two more targets to hit up. Thanks again for the heads up. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a clever and beautiful design, betty!! your grandchildren are very lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And thank you for playing along our December challenge at a2z!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your grandkids will love this gift card tag! So elegant and with the little shaker element it's full of lovely details!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the texture. Thanks for playing along in the A2Z Scrapbooking challenge this month

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful... would love to see a tutorial on the ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this is beautiful! Thanks for joining us over at a2z!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful tag Betty, thanks for joining us at A2Z!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so embarrassed that I haven't visited in such a long time...shame on me! This is such a great idea, Betty! I love that you created an ornament, and to include a gift card is pure genius! Your grandkids are going to be so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Betty, love your adorable tag. love the kraft and gold. Thank you for playing along with a2z Scrapbooking December Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable tag! Thank you for playing along with a2z Scrapbooking Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A stunner Betty/ Thanks for joining us at A2Z this month

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. let's try this again...I have this paper too, Betty! Love your snowflake tag and glad to see it at a2z!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!