>

Sunday, January 8, 2017

MR. & MRS.

The Paper Players' challenge this week is "going green" - use something recycled on your card.  I often save cards that have a potential for remaking into a new card.  The recycled part of my card is the embossed piece with the sentiment in silver on the bottom right.  It was the front of a thank you from a recently married couple.  I couldn't get the sentiment to show up very well in the photo, but it says Mr. & Mrs.


I trimmed the piece down and matted it in black.  The flower and leaves were colored with Zigs - covered the whole flower with spectrum noir clear, added a few sequins and done.

I am also entering this in Color Throwdown.

 

Thanks for stopping by today and also for your kind comments.

11 comments:

  1. Great save on your embossed panel, Betty! Your Peony and leaves are so pretty, and I love how you added a touch of sparkle to the bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great upcycling Betty! That embossed background is so pretty. And your watercolour peony and leaves are gorgeous. The black framing adds a bit of drama --- awesome! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the black framing Betty, such a neat idea to reuse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Thank you playing along with us at CTD this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful! I can see the sentiment, and with the florals, it's just gorgeous! Thanks for recycling and playing with my challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Betty, very pretty recycling :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the soft pastel against the white embossed background. beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just love how recycled the embossed piece, Betty! Perfect for your pretty flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Betty! I love the texture you added!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful, Betty--perfect thing to recycle!

    ReplyDelete
  11. O LOVE upcycled projects Betty and this is a fabulous one! Great job, and your flower arrangement is beautiful! Have a lovely Sunday! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!