>

Tuesday, September 15, 2020

AUTUMN LEAVES

Probably about five or six years ago, my friend, Cindy, sent me some rice paper.  It's one of those paper treasures I've tended to hoard.  When I saw the current challenge from The Paper Players, I knew I had to get it out and make use of it.

Using the colors from the challenge, I randomly stamped leaves in seedless preserves, peacock feathers and rusty hinge DI inks.  Then I spritzed the paper heavily with water, just let it bleed and put it aside to dry.  When it was completely  dry, I stamped several more leaves in the same colors.  Trimmed the piece and added to a light tan card base.  Added the copper border, sentiment and a few enamel dots and done.  I hope my metallic paper will qualify for "glitter or foil" element for the challenge.


Thanks for stopping by today.



7 comments:

  1. I've never worked with rice paper, but I looooooove the texture of this. And the whole color scheme makes this design so elegant! I'd say it's a very good use of treasured paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Betty, love the colours. Never used rice paper, when I was young it was what the bakers used to put under macaroons to stop them sticking. It was edible, not surer if its the same stuff lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Betty, I just love how your card turned out using the rice paper. I just love the watercolor effect and the added texture. Just gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betty, the rice paper is wonderful. What gorgeous texture and a wonderful use of the colors. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us for the color challenge at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!