>

Tuesday, May 11, 2021

A LITTLE VINTAGE

I have always liked vintage as long as it was quite CAS - too much lace and stuff is not me.  The challenge at ModSquad said vintage to me tho since the theme is "bookish" and wants a page from an old book as the focus.  The tictactoe challenge at Die Cut Divas asks for uneven edges and that said vintage to me also.  So dug into a box of old books and papers and began my card.  I went diagonally from left to right with uneven edges, friendship and flowers for the DCD challenge.

Tore the edge of the book page (already quite brown with age) and distressed more with some walnut stain DI ink and adhered to a slimline kraft card - also distressed.  Arranged my bouquet and added to my card with a little twine bow and a hello.
Enjoyed creating something a little different today.  Thanks for stopping by.


8 comments:

  1. I just love this. It is clean and simple, but still vintage and shabby chic. The book page and background color really make that die cut pop. Well done, and a great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along this week over at The Mod Squad.
    Judy~ MSC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this on IG earlier today. It is FANTASTIC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally awesome Betty. Love the CAS vintage look. And happy you have joined us at Die Cut Divas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Different & beautiful, Betty! Great design for a slimline card & I love the contrast with the white flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful!!! I love the combination between white flowers and the old looking background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous slimline card design, love the torn book page combined with white flowers!! Thanks for joining in our tic-tac-toe challenge at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love your crisp white bouquet atop the vintage background, Betty!! So delighted to see you at Die Cut Divas this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely. I like the crisp clean feel of the card too. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our Tic Tac Toe challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!