>

Wednesday, September 8, 2021

AUTUMN IS IN THE AIR

It's beginning to feel a bit like fall here in Nebraska even though the weekend is predicted to be quite warm.  Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to leaves turning, cooler days, pumpkins and pumpkins spice coffee!  Have two cards today - one just because and the other for three challenges.

 

I die cut the large leaf from watercolor paper and then just played around with color.  Used a 3D leaf embossing folder on cream cardstock for my background and then lightly blended color around where I wanted my leaf.  Spattered with gold paint, added the sentiment and done.  I am entering my card at CAS Mix-Up (watercolor, autumn colors), AAACards (1/3rd, autumn leaves) and The Card Concept (autumn colors).  My card is just CAS - one focal point, white space, easy to reproduce.

 

My second card was using alcohol inks on acetate as demoed by Jennifer recently.  After making my acetate/AI piece I die cut it with an old large leaf from PTI.  Added the outline in gold metallic cs and put it on a tan background again embossed with the leaf background.  I'll add a sentiment when I need to send.  I love the look of the AI on the acetate but found die cutting very difficult - ended up practically fussy cutting.  My acetate was from HA and very thick so maybe that was the problem.


Thanks for stopping by.


 


 

14 comments:

  1. Both cards are quite spectacular, Betty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing how you created this ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing how you created this ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two autumn beauties, Betty!! Just love your embossed background on both cards! That AI leaf looks amazing too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning alcohol ink in Autumn colors of acetate for your beautiful die cut leaf and die cut using gold metallic paper for your die cut leaf outline, Betty. Beautifully textured dry embossed leaves background too. TFS your beautiful 2nd card too. Fall colors are addicting...such a beautiful time of year:-) So pleased you joined us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops...I had your 2nd card in my mind, which had the beautiful alcohol ink background and die cut metallic outline. Both cards are beauties, my friend. Hugs....

      Delete
  6. A great embossing folder gives the cards that certain something.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are scrumptiously beautiful, Betty. Soft tones on the first and riotous colors on the second. Love the embossing folder you used. It's lovely to see your card in our CAS Mix Up challenge. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two beautiful Autumn cards Betty. Love the colours of the first card with the pinks and purples of Autumn. So beautiful over top of the embossed background. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    I have trouble die-cutting acetate sometimes as well. Find it easier if I back it with paper (even thin copy paper).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty cards, love your use of colour. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Betty - your card just makes my embossing-loving-heart smile!! If they don't get that back in stock soon, I'm coming over to your place!!
    Gorgeous card!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just love your cards, Betty! That ef is a beauty & I love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both of your cards are so elegant and beautiful! Thanks for joining us at the Card Concept! And I hope you join us again! Hugs! Mackie

    ReplyDelete
  13. That leaf is STUNNING! Thanks for playing along with us at AAACards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!