>

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

STENCILED CLASS

I haven't had much time to devote to this class, but did try out the use of embossing paste on several cards - two of which were rather successful.  Had a terrible time with warping and getting the paste put on smoothly.  So for what it's worth department, here is some homework.
The first card was just he result of playing around with paste on a stencil and a die cut which matched - I wanted sort of a shadow effect.  The second card is pretty much a total CASE of the card by Debby Hughes.  That was the one that had a lot of warping issues.  I made my own misting spray from Distress ink spun sugar reinker, some perfect pearls and water in a mini mister and used that on the butterfly card.  Then had some of the ink left over on my work surface after spraying so smushed a piece of cardstock in it and used that for the background on the leaf card.

Cardstock: HA carnation layering paper; SU river rock; Georgia Pacific white
Other: Tim Holtz stencil; SSS leaves stencil & die; MME enamel dots; Rcollections pearls; Liquitex light modeling paste; MB vivienne butterfly die; MS flower punch

Thanks for looking - Betty

7 comments:

  1. They are both lovely, Betty! It looks as though you have got the hang of the embossing paste! I am struggling to keep up with the homework for the class :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful, Betty! I had problems with warping yesterday on my snowflake card. I ended up sitting heavy things all along the edges without touching the embossing. It helped pretty well, but not perfectly. I wonder if using a really heavy cardstock would solve the problem? Think I'll go ask that question over on the forums......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning cards, Betty! Your cards are always so elegant with just the right amount of bling! You did an amazing job with embossing paste, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, betty - this are magnificent. I am sure the teacher will give you an A+ for both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just got gorgeous. Your cards are so pretty Betty. I too had trouble with warping with the misting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like you, I also am SOOO behind in the class, but really LOVE it and can't wait to do even more...!! It's been really educational and I hope to get back on it today!

    PS: Yes, I was totally thrilled to WIN the Hero Blog Hop....shocked, but VERY VERY excited and HAPPY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That second card is GORGEOUS, Betty! I have some paste I haven't tried yet...so warping is a problem??? Yikes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!