>

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

BEAUTIFUL DAY

Well, I'm finally getting some mojo back after being gone for three weeks and then just not being able to get in the card creating mood again.  Have had this new set from Altenew for awhile, so it was perfect for Darnell's NBUS challenge.

  
It's not that I don't have other NBUS, but this is the one I've mostly been dying to use.  I stamped the flower with the red inks from Altenew - also the leaves.  Then I just used my MISTI to stamp the black smaller leaves and flowers around the edge of the 3 3/4" x 5" piece and adhered that to a regular top folding card.  Added the colored flower, leaves and the sentiment and done!


Also have some good news to share - had entered a card in the Ellen Hutson Pin-Sights guest designer challenge and heard from Laurel Beard the other day that I was chosen as one of the designers.  Don't know yet when I'll have to do my card - probably not until early 2017 - but I'll let you know when.

All for now - thanks for stopping by and love to read your kind comments.

12 comments:

  1. Huge congrats on the new DT, Betty! No surprise at all--you're the perfect choice! A stunningly gorgeous Altenew card! Maybe I need this set, too--haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous Betty! Congrats on the DT assignment, can't wait to find out more!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw you over at Darnell's and came to say Hi. I love your beautiful card. It's no wonder that you were itching to open this stamp set and get inky. You did such a lovely job.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! The color layering makes it look like it took so much time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Betty, love that you added black/whithe portions to your colored flower and leaves. I have that stampset too and I love it so much! Thanks for sharing. Have to try that myself, the black/white plus colored pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, Betty - always good to use the NBUS!! Congrats on your guest DT slot - can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I love how you left some of the stamped images uncoloured!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, Betty! I love this flower image and your coloring. Congrats on your guest designer spot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on being selected as a future Ellen guest designer, Betty! So well-deserved!! Your card is utterly fabulous! Your coloring is top-notch and I love the design of the b/w stamping under the bloom! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #7! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your selection to the pinsights gd! This card is lovely Betty, I love that soft pink against the black and white of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. CONGRATS to you, Betty! Please be sure to let us know when your card will be featured...You are so deserving, my friend!
    I love how you used your inks to create a variation in colors on the blooms and leaves, and how you stamped the smaller flowers and leaves in black...so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woot! Congratulations, Betty! Love this pretty flower!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!