>

Monday, October 3, 2016

AUTUMN CARDS WITH CAT

Several months ago Cat Craig and I decided to do a challenge together using the same materials - so earlier in September I sent her a kit of fall papers, stamped leaves, gems, die cuts, etc. all with a fall theme with the challenge to make two cards with fall, Halloween, or Thanksgiving theme using what I sent her plus any other little bits and bobs of her own.  Among the items I sent her were real leaves from my Japanese maple tree which I had coated with glossy accents and added gold spatters. Today we are both posting our cards, so be sure to check out her creations here.  When I made up her kit, I had just received the September Hero Arts Monthly Kit and other good stuff from them, so the dies and stamps were all from that order.



My first card is on some copper metallic cs, with the leaves embossed in copper and watercoloured with Zigs.  The sentiment is coated with glossy accents to give it nice shine and dimension.  The second card uses my real leaf and more HA sentiments.  The pp are all from PTI from several years ago.

The other day I received my package from Cat with all sorts of good stuff, so on 7 November we'll both be posting our challenge to each other cards.  Can't wait to start creating with it.

Thanks for stopping by today and be sure to hop over to Cat's post also.


8 comments:

  1. Betty, This was such a fun swap. I thoroughly enjoyed playing with the goodies you sent. I love love love your two cards, the shine on the sentiment of the first card plays so nicely with that rich coppery card base. And your leaf card, is spectacular. Those leaves are such a fabulous touch to the handmade cards. Thanks so much for sharing with me. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous leaf cards, Betty! Just love your Japanese maple leaf!! And how fun to do a swap with Cat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two really gorgeous cards, Betty! I love how you created dimension on both of them, and your fall color palette is stunning! I also love how you added shine to the sentiment, too! Your 'real leaf' is absolutely AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards Betty. What an awesome idea to use real leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards - great challenge! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a neat challenge with Cat! Both cards are stunning, Betty, but I really love the copper embossed watercolored leaves & your Maple leaf!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful fall cards with awesome artistic look! The real maple leaf looks beautiful! I wonder if it will stay stable with the coat of glossy accents. I should try that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful idea Betty! Your cards are beautiful and love what your did with the leaves from your Japanese Maple Tree :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!