>

Sunday, August 11, 2019

CHRISTMAS TREES

Whenever I decide it's time to destash my stamps, I get sidetracked by stuff I forgot I had.  Yesterday it was Pine Trees by Penny Black that I bought on sale after Christmas.  It was the end of destashing for this weekend!!  Had to try it out for the Christmas Kickstart Challenge with the theme of trees and an added challenge from Darnell to do a twofer!



For my first card I stamped the trees in gold pigment ink on a 5.5x4.25 piece of black cardstock.  Then I die cut a piece from the center and cut a gold frame for it.  Put the original piece on a black card base, added black fun foam to the back of the framed piece and put it all together.  The little sentiment is gold embossed and the whole card was spattered with some gold metallic paint.

I first used a blending brush to make the blue sky on my second card.  I randomly added distress inks to the pine tree stamp and stamped - did this a couple of times until I had enough color.  Then I used a watercolor brush and not very much water to blend the colors.  Kristina Werner gave me the idea for this.  The area under the trees was also done this way.  Finally, I used white gouache to spatter some "snow" around my little scene.

Thanks for visiting today and love to read your kind comments.

7 comments:

  1. Wow Betty, just love what you did with those trees!! So stunning in gold on the black with the thin gold frame and I love the snowy winter scene on card two!! Two beautiful cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness--wonderful stamp & gorgeous cards, Betty! I love the elegance of the black & gold & the calm beauty of the second one! Better to make cards than destash anyway--haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless you, Betty! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who forgets NEW stuff they bought and never used!! You made two gorgeous cards with your NBUS Christmas tree forest! Love the elegance of the black and gold card and the realistic second card with lovely green trees and an incredible sky! Thank you for playing in Jo's Kickstart/Twofer challenge!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally awesome Betty. Love the black and gold card. It is exquisite. Your second one is so beautiful. Super cards

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely to see you over at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Betty! Your cards are gorgeous - what a versatile tree stamp that is. Thanks for joining Darnell and I at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards Betty. Love the black and gold, so sophisticated; and your second card might be my favorite love the colors and the watercolor feel. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are stunning... love how you stamped alle these trees together, well done, Betty

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!