>

Wednesday, August 14, 2019

GLIMMER INKS AND A POINSETTIA

I have used my Hero Arts metallic glimmer inks only a few times since I bought them last year - not good 'cause they give such lovely results.  So found a refresher from Jennifer McGuire on using them and went to town!


Stenciled the background with texture paste and set aside to dry.  Stamped in black ink and die cut the poinsettia (retired HA) and leaves and then watercolored.  Used the red, green and gold along with a bit of water.  To give a more yellow/green tint to the leaves, I mixed the green and gold together.  Put it all together on a little nest of gold thread and few sequins on a navy card base.  It all has such a pretty shine - but impossible to capture in the photo.

A new challenge begins tomorrow on A Blog Named Hero so be sure to stop by and check it out.

Thanks for dropping by and always love to read your kind comments.


5 comments:

  1. I love a navy cardbase, nice drama and different from black. Your poinsettia is lovely and thank you for reminding me about the inks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow--once again you've inspired me, Betty! I've been looking at those inks, but haven't opened them. Now I will!! This is just gorgeous & I agree with Cat that the navy is a beautiful change from black!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Poinsettia and I love your background, Betty! I love the shimmery effect you created with your inks...such a great idea to mix them, too! Great idea to work on your Christmas cards...I'm so behind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning poinsettia Betty. It's really so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great card... well colering the poinsettia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!