>

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

SENDING...

Spring flowers and spring colors for a couple of challenges today.  Making a card or just coloring has kept me going these days 'cause really sometimes I just want to sit and binge watch some old TV series on my laptop.  The challenge world is the best for giving me some ideas and actually rather forcing me into action.


My colors are from the current Paper Players challenge to use yellow, blue and gray.  I watercolored the flowers and leaves with my Zigs and die cut.  Created the background with DO mustard seed on some light gray cardstock and spattered with drops of water.  Arranged my bouquet and then added the die cut sentiment, some black enamel dots and done.  Thought the "sending" could be used with "birthday wishes", "love and hugs", "happy thoughts" - or a great variety of sentiments on the inside of the card. The CAS Watercolour theme is spring flowers, so my card is for their challenge also.  My card will also go to the Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge which is "anything goes".



Thanks for visiting today and keep safe and well.



8 comments:

  1. you're rocking those blooms betty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is gorgeous! Love that sponged background. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love this, Betty! The background is perfect for the beautiful flower & leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Betty, love the colour combination and your corner arrangement... the black sentiment stands out perfectly... thanks for sharing with CAS Watercolour, hugs Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card with that pretty flower and sponged background. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEAUTIFUL card Betty! Love the Mustard Seed background just in the corner...really highlights the lovely flower and greenery! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betty, this is gorgeous. I love the soft watercoloring. Wonderful use of the colors. I agree with you, the challenges are keeping me engaged and stopping me vegging in front of the tv :-)
    So glad you joined us at the Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the blue and green of the flower against the rich yellow background! Great watercolouring! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Watercolour.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!