>

Friday, May 29, 2020

SENDING HUGS

The challenge this month at A Blog Named Hero is "sending hugs" - such a wonderful sentiment to be sending to friends now - especially those who are the most isolated.



I wanted to use my metallic glimmer inks on black watercolor paper which I recently purchased.  Stamped and white embossed the magnolia and did my coloring using rose gold and red for the flower and green and gold for the leaves.  Of course catching all the glimmery goodness in the photo is practically impossible, but it really is pretty and was very easy to do.  Did some die cutting for the stitched background and the hugs sentiment and mounted all on a white card base.  Added a few black enamel dots to the center of the flower and done!


There are two gift cards to be won to Hero Arts this month so be sure to enter our challenge.  Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely shimmer and such fun drama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--this is gorgeous, Betty! I didn't know there was such a thing as black wc paper, but may need to get some. I definitely need to use my Glimmer Inks--you're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Betty, the shimmer must be fabulous IRL.... so pretty

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!