>

Sunday, March 7, 2021

MORE RED, WHITE AND KRAFT

My card today for CAS Christmas went thru a few revisions until I was finally satisfied with the outcome.

I wanted to do a slimline card but had difficulty is creating the background with the color restrictions.  Finally went with a shaker design using vellum instead of acetate to give the sky a more cloudy effect.  I glued down some of the snowflakes and sequins and then left others loose inside and also adhered a few on the outside. The snowbanks were glued to the inside of the frame and then the vellum in back.  The trees are on the outside of the shaker.


I am also using this card as part of my homework for the Altenew Academy class I took recently (slimline and shaker).

Thanks for stopping by.




8 comments:

  1. Another sweet Christmas card Betty. Looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Christmas card Betty, love the kraft .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how this turned out, Betty! Great idea to use vellum instead of acetate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet! LOVE the shaker card ... the vellum does add a dreamy look to your sky --- very creative, Betty! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card, Betty! I love that y all the texture on the trees andou chose vellum for your shaker...it really does add to the look of a cloudy sky! Thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun slimline with the white trees atop the kraft - perfect with the red sequin decorations, Betty!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful slimline shaker! Great idea to use vellum. Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!