>

Sunday, March 14, 2021

TWOFER CHALLENGE

This month at the Twofer Challenge the theme is "your choice" - so of course, if I have a choice it's going to be flowers.


I used a Clearly Besotted stamp for both of my cards.  The yellow flowers were stamped on watercolor paper - used watercolor pencils to color and then fussy cut the piece.  Die cut the black stripe background on which I stamped the sentiment and put it all together.  For my second card I randomly stamped the flower directly onto the card base, masked the edges and colored blended the center.  Added the two black frames and the sentiment and done.  On both cards I used black Nuvo drops in the flower centers and also around the yellow flower.


 Thanks for stopping by.


 

9 comments:

  1. Wowzer, Betty - great Twofer!! Just love the outline flower one with the inked center panel. The black stripes look amazing behind the yellow flowers - love your watercoloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Twofer, Betty! A big compliment for the perfect fussy cut of the yellow flowers. I thought it's die cut. I like the "dramatic" background with black stripes. It looks fantastic. The second card is also very nice. Randomly stamping is very well done. It is a great idea to frame the middle of the card and color only framed part.
    Thank you for joining us at TCC#36,
    Hugs
    Sonja, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your cards are absolutely GORGEOUS Betty! You started with an amazing image and beautifully colored and fussy cut the yellow flowers, and I love how they pop against the black & white striped background! Your 2nd card may have been any easy one, but it is a real stunner with the black & white randomly stamped flowers and the ink blended center, and I'm loving the black frames too! Lovely, lovely cards Betty and thank you so much for sharing them with us at The Twofer Challenge!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely gorgeous Betty. Both cards are really amazing. Love how pretty that stamp is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are again two exceptionally beautiful cards. Wonderful how you used the flower stamp so differently. I am really a fan of your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are lovely Betty, particularly love the yellow flowers against the black stripe background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are beautifully put together Betty. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both just gorgeous designs using that flower, Betty! I love your coloring on both! I'd love to know who makes that black stripe die. It's very striking! And I'm bookmarking the way you did the spotlight blending and simply added the frames. It is also very striking! Thank you for playing in TCC #36! Take care! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow--these are both fabulous, Betty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!