>

Friday, April 23, 2021

BIRTHDAY BOUQUET

I had several challenges in mind when I created my card - the photo from The Card Concept, the theme of flowers from The ModSquad, and the theme of occasions from Watercooler Wednesday.


I recently bought the Tim Holtz wildflower dies - loved the variety of flowers.  Chose just the skinny flowers and watercolored them with my Karin markers - scribbled the ink on the paper and spritzed with water - pretty easy.  After putting my bouquet together I added it to my wood plank background (sponged a little extra color with DO pumice stone).  Used black and white for my sentiment and also the twine to echo the gingham ribbon - added the darker gray stripe for the stripe(s) on the bucket.  I guess my style for this card is clean and layered with rather vintage look.


Thanks for visiting today and love to read your kind comments.


 


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful, very elegant card, Betty!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love your wildflower bouquet, Betty - perfect against the woodgrain!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those purples Betty, gorgeous bouquet, looks great on the wood background, thankyou for playing along at Watercooler Wednesday, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply gorgeous! Your new purchase was perfect for our challenge, and that woodgrain background is fabulous! Thanks for playing with The Card Concept this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card! I have this die set and you've inspired me to get them out and watercolor. Thank you so much for joining us at The Card Concept and we hope to see more of your wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great combination of the two challenges, so pretty with the blooms and the planks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unique & beautiful, Betty! Love the plank background & the bouquet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!