>

Wednesday, September 22, 2021

SUNFLOWERS

I am a procrastinator when it comes to entering challenges - so this may be a famous first - posting an entry of the first day of the challenge.  The Card Concept has a gorgeous photo and color scheme today and I immediately had an idea (also famous first!).

I began with the sunflowers and leaves die cut from yellow and green cs and sponged with darker shades for contrast.  Then I used a stripe stencil and some black soot DO ink to blend a background - did one layer and turned it to make the check.  Put it all together with the sentiment and done.  My card is clean and layered - the colors, sunflowers and checked pattern of the ribbon were my inspiration.

Thanks for stopping by.



8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous checked background with the stripe stencil, Betty! Love it with the sunflowers atop!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely GORGEOUS!! Love the plaid pattern behind these lovely sunflowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning, the inking behind absolutely makes the card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! Love your stenciled background along with those sunny sunflowers! So thrilled that you were able to join us at The Card Concept and hope you can play along again soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally amazing Betty. Love the gorgeous stenciled background with the fabulous sunflowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The plaid background goes perfectly with the sunflowers. I don't have any sunflowers in the garden this year, the slugs ate mine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW--I say winner! Fabulous card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That background is perfect for these bright, bold flowers! They're AMAZING! So pretty! Thanks for sharing this at the Card Concept this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!