>

Thursday, September 30, 2021

CHRISTMAS VILLAGE

The other day Jennifer McGuire used some new dies from Concord & 9th to make 3D fold-out cards.  I had some house dies that I thought would work and figured out how to make my own slimline fold-out cards without any special dies for the fold-out part.


The houses were die cut in various shades of blues and reddish tones - trees just from green cs - then used white pigment ink to add "snow" to the roofs and trees.  Put yellow cs in back of the house die cuts so it would look like the lights were on.  All the snow banks were just hand cut - just like Jennifer did in her video.  The sentiment was die cut three times for stability - also the lamp post.  Added the little stars in the sky and done.  When folded to put into an envelope, my card measures 8.5"x3.5".  Please contact me if you are interested in the measurements I used.

Thanks for stopping by today.


 


6 comments:

  1. You never cease to amaze me, Betty! I wouldn't begin to figure out a design like this, but you nailed it! These are fabulous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You clever girl! The cards are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing Betty. You really did well. Love both colour schemes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, Betty - I adore both of your Christmas villages!! Great colors on each and I love the starry skies!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very clever. Wonderful design and idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!