>

Monday, August 14, 2023

FALLING LEAVES

Three challenges are hopefully being met with my card today.  First of all, I have a personal challenge every month to design a card for a class I teach - for me it has to be relatively easy to do, different from any store bought card and an interesting technique.  The second and third challenges are for Addicted to CAS (leaves) and The Paper Players (colors).


I decided the women in my class would enjoy making a picket fence card.  So I watercolored some sheets of paper using my Brushos until I had a wide variety of fall colors and then die cut dozens of various leaves.  They will be able to choose some leaves after the base card is finished - also choose a sentiment and add gold spatter if they wish.  My Brusho colors were the ones from the PP challenge and of course leaves everywhere for Addicted to CAS challenge.

Thanks for visiting my blog.





9 comments:

  1. Fab card Betty, and I bet the women will love putting it together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the leaves & how you arranged them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning card Betty and a perfect design for a class. I've chosen this for my swap group yo do next month. Love the idea of using leaves on it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are always amazing Betty! The picket fence makes a great background for those gorgeous leaves. Thank you for playing along with my Leaves challenge at Addicted to CAS! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is AMAZING! You nailed those leaves---they make me anxious for fall to arrive! And how fun to put them on a picket fence card as well! So glad you used our colors this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous leaves tumbing down your fence, Betty - great colors against the white (or is it ivory?)!! Love all the splatters too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous card Betty! Love the fabulous pop of colors you added to the leaves. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous, Betty. A winner, congrats! Well deserved.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!