On the second Tuesday of every month, I teach a card class at a senior living apartment complex. Today we did a really easy card and with a little help everyone went back to their apartment with a pretty card to mail.
When I have a class, I precut everything so there's usually just gluing to do. Today was really easy. I had the base, polka dot piece, black piece for holding the bookmark and bookmarks precut. The bookmarks were made from used greeting cards that I have collected. I had 20 in the class (2 men and 18 women!!} so had about 40-50 bookmarks for them from which to choose. Every bookmark was different. Had a variety of narrow ribbons out also with scissors so everyone chose a bookmark and cut ribbon of color choice. Measurements
for the polka dot piece is 4" x 5 1/4", black piece is a little under 2
3/4" x 5 1/2" and the bookmark is 1 3/4" x 5" and all on a topfold A2
card base.
During National Library Week this past April, a group of us made just the bookmarks for about 350 kids at a nearby elementary school - used old greeting cards cut to size for this project too.
Crafty hugs,



What a great way to gift a bookmark, Betty! So glad your class was successful & fun!!
ReplyDelete