>

Sunday, March 19, 2017

PEONY IN GREEN

The Ellen Hutson Pinsights this month contains wonderful images in greens for inspiration.  Since a friend asked me to make a wedding card for May (emerald is the gem for May), I combined the two.



I stamped the EH peony in black and clear embossed; colored with Zigs (pale green and light green) and a damp brush; covered with Spectrum Noir.  Popped up the flower with foam tape and added the sentiment - also stamped in black and clear embossed.  Added  some Nuvo crystal dots in silver, stamped "best wishes" inside and chomped the corner.

The photo in the center second from the bottom was my inspiration for colors and lots of white space - also the silver in the spoon and the scripty writing.


Thanks for stopping by today and always love to read your kind comments.




10 comments:

  1. What a great idea for a design Betty! Your friend will be delighted at the thought behind it! Have a great week my friend! Luv n’ Hugs. Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous bloom, Betty! I love that you used 2 shades of green and your CAS design is just beautiful! Only you would know that emerald is the gem for May...I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Betty--stunning card! I love your soft coloring--the perfect wedding card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful, Betty..... I like the green colour and the design

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty Betty. Love the soft colours on the Peony..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Betty, I love the soft green, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous in the soft green, Betty - perfect wedding card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is STUNNING, Betty! Love the two soft shades of green for your beautiful flower. Gorgeous wedding card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely Betty, soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is quite beautiful. I really like the softness of your flower.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!