>

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

PEONY IN PINK

The main theme this month for CAS Mix-Up challenge is smooshing and I had some fun smooshing my new distress oxide inks onto watercolor paper.  

Put some worn lipstick and fossilized amber inks on my craft sheet, added lots of water and played.  My paper was pretty warped by the time it dried and just ironed it between two sheets of copy paper and it was fine.  Stamped the peony quite a few times in black using my Misti - bumpy watercolor paper is so hard to get a nice crisp outline - then added clear embossing powder for darker black and die cut it. Did the same stamping and embossing for the leaves and the sentiment.  After I had put it all together and added the black dots, decided it needed something - so using my clarity brush added some of the worn lipstick around the flower.  In retrospect, I should have done that last step before stamping the leaves and sentiment - live and learn!!
Smooshing + stamping+embossing is my formula for the challenge.  

Thanks for visiting today and all your kind comments.
 

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Betty! Love it! Have a great day! Luv n’ Hugs. Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card with the peony, Betty - just love your smooshing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty color combo, Betty--lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours are so pretty, Betty! Looks like you had fun playing with your new inks. I'm holding off getting them but only because I have been spending lots of $$ on art supplies lately. :) Gorgeous card. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning Betty. Your smooching is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betty your peony is gorgeous, and I bet you enjoyed playing with the smooshing. I am looking forward to getting back to all my supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think you could have done anything to make this any more beautiful, Betty! I love how the yellow sits on top of the pink! I need to play with my Oxide inks! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the effect of the oxide inks for smooshing...Gorgeous card, Betty! I think it's time for me to buy these inks :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful smooshed inking on your lovely peony Betty! Love the colors you used - thanks for joining us in the CAS Mix Up Challenge! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!