>

Friday, October 28, 2016

WATERCOLOR THANKS

This is one of those cards that just didn't go the way I had envisioned.  Began by watercoloring several background pieces with pearlescent watercolors in copper, rose and gold.  Just didn't love the results of any of them, so ended cutting one of them with a frame die. 

Added some foam tape to the frame part and mounted that on my card base and then inserted the inside piece.  Die cut the wheat and painted them MS metallic gold paint and added over the frame.  Die cut the sentiment from copper metallic paper and used bits of foam tape to keep it all even over the frame and wheat.  Popped a few sequins here and there for little sparkle and done.

I am entering this in the Concord & 9th watercolor challenge as I used their Layering Leaves dies for the wheat.


Thanks for stopping by today and love to read your kind comments.


11 comments:

  1. very pretty Betty. I like the frame

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card.... like the frame behind

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it turned out beautifully Betty. Gorgeous colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours work so perfectly together Betty. Those metallic wheat are really beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes a project turns out differently than we thought, but your perseverance paid off on this card, Betty! Love your watercoloring paired with the gold fern and the copper die cut sentiment is beautiful, too...Lovely card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beauty, Betty! Love the gold wheat against the soft background. So happy you could join us for the WCMC9 challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You may have had trouble in the beginning, but you ended up with a beautiful card, Betty! I so want to get those leaves, but so far my willpower has held up--haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Betty!! Great card. The colors are so pretty. I love that pop of gold. Nicely done. Thanks for playing along with the Where Creativity Meets C9 Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous wheat card, Betty! I love the framed background too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!