>

Thursday, June 28, 2018

BEAUTIFUL DAY

My card today is for Altenew Academy - day 5.  It involved some masking and then several coloring techniques with alcohol markers.



One of the things Kelly had in her lesson was a gradient background for her flowers.  My colors that I chose for both the background and the flowers were running dry so didn't do any shading of the blue and really had tough time with the flowers.  I couldn't bring myself to do the sentiment the way she did it - I am too much of a perfectionist and didn't have the guts to do it in case I messed up my coloring.  I did add drop shadows though and other details which I really like.  I will finish this card when I need it for something special  as I think the coloring took over an hour.

EDIT:  A friend need a 50th anniversary card - I die cut "50" from gold metallic paper and placed that in the middle - added a nice anniversary sentiment inside - done!!  And Susan loved it!

Thanks for stopping by and love to read your kind comments.

9 comments:

  1. Your background is beautiful! I'm sure you'll find the perfect way to finish it off when the time is right :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful flower card...great masking and coloring

    have a nice summer

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous Betty. You did an awesome job on your flower colouring. I still have to try this one out. My Copics are few in numbers and I don't have enough blues to do the background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Betty! Your colouring is AMAZING! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow--an hour well spent, Betty! Your coloring is always beautiful & what a perfect anniversary card with the gold 50!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous coloring on all those pretty flowers, Betty! I'll bet your gold 50 looks amazing, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!