>

Sunday, June 24, 2018

SENDING YOU PRAYERS

This week Altenew Academy is having another class and this time it's with Kelly Latevola doing one-layer cards.  Yesterday I worked all afternoon on the first lesson and thought for sure I flunked the class right off the bat.  So not being one to give up, I started entirely over with a new card today.  

 
Kelly's card used background stamping with individual stamps and that's where the problem was yesterday - I am just rubbish at that and getting something to my satisfaction. Today I used the Sketchy Flower (very large) stamp for the background.  Used the Altenew alcohol markers in the soft greys for shading in the flowers and also for the bit of green on the leaves.  The sentiment is from Hero Arts as I had nothing from Altenew that would work for this technique.  A few black Nuvo drops covered up a few little smudges.  Am way behind in the homework department for this class, but will carry on!  

Thanks for dropping by and love to read your kind comments.

 

8 comments:

  1. Betty, I am so glad you joined the class. Your card is a stunner. Fabulous take on Day one. Keep em coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so pretty! I love how you adapted it to work for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Betty - this is gorgeous! Glad you didn't give up - the shading looks amazing and I love the sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing work on that shading, Betty! It’s a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you persevered as this is delightful. The sentiment is perfect. I’m behind with Days 4 & 5. Enjoy the rest of the class

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your persistent paid off, Betty--absolutely gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love how this card turned out, Betty! You're doing amazing work in this class! Your background adds so much depth to your design and I love how you colored the flowers...such a pretty one layer card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!