>

Friday, June 29, 2018

SUMMERTIME FUN

Last summer I made this card for A Blog Named Hero when the theme was florals.  Thought something similar would work again with the "Summertime Fun" theme for this month.  Ice cream, flowers and summertime certainly go together!!  What is your favorite flavor???  Breyers ice cream with Heath Bars added in is mine!  Love blue hydrangeas, but thought this peach color was a better fit!


I stamped the hydrangea with fresh peach on a heavy piece of vellum and then clear embossed.  All the stamping was done that way - it gives such great shine and texture.  After fussy cutting the flower, I colored a bit on the back with some alcohol markers. The cone was stamped in soft brown and cup o' joe, the little leaves in field green and the sentiment (this is a fantastic set if you need a variety of holiday stamps) in black.  The cherry on top was a fun afterthought - it's also stamped on vellum and colored with red royal.  The little pink accents are Nuvo rosewater drops.  The focal point piece and mat were both cut using the rectangle infinity dies (these are on my desk all the time).

Join our "Summertime" challenge this month here - Hero Arts has a $50 and $25 gift certificate for our winners!

Had fun making this card and hope you like it - and enjoy your summer too!



4 comments:

  1. Fabulous idea that definitely deserved another go! brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness--absolutely fabulous, Betty! Not sure I've ever clear embossed on vellum--always tend to use white or occasionally gold--gotta try it! Hubby got Hagen Daz Salted Carmel Truffle (I think that's the name) when we were camping & oh my goodness--I'd eat it every day if I had it--haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandmother's favorite flavor of ice cream was peach, so you've not only created a beautiful card, but you have brought back a very fond memory for me today...thanks, Betty! I love the effect of clear EP on vellum, so I must try it!
    My fave is Breyers vanilla with Reeces' Peanut Butter cups...thank heaven I have some in the freezer right now :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!