>

Friday, July 17, 2020

TRANSFORMATION

The stamp I used for the current Twofer Challenge is called "Transformation" - it is mainly this gorgeous butterfly that can be used is so many ways.





By looking at the stamp you can see how I used the flower part of the butterfly to create a totally different look with the same stamp.

For the large butterfly card, I smooshed watercolors onto a piece of  watercolor paper until I was happy with the colors on the plain side.  Then I added more watercolor for more depth on the flower side.  I filled in the body of the butterfly and flower stamen with a black glaze pen. The butterfly was fussy cut.  Added two gold frames and sequins and done with that one.  This will be an all occasion card as I didn't want to detract from the butterfly.

 
I stamped the flower part of the butterfly only in the corners with Versamark and embossed in gold.  Watercolored the flowers, added the gold frames and the large sentiment and done.  Both cards are on a navy card base.



I am also entering these cards in Seize the Birthday (non-neutral card base) and Kathy's 30 Day Coloring Challenge.

Thanks for stopping by.


16 comments:

  1. Wow--what a great stamp set! Good thing you have it as these cards are both stunning, Betty! Love the navy backgrounds & gold frames!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous twofer with that stunning butterfly image, Betty! Just love how you colored both cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely, summery shades on this delicious butterfly image, Betty ... both cards are so beautifully coloured ... and wonderfully detailed with the glimmery gold frames. The first is so striking against the navy ... and the second is soft and dreamy on the white! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness, what a gorgeous stamp and two beautiful and clever cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful set of cards! love the way you used the floral portion of the butterfly for the second card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool stamp! I don't think I've seen this one before. Your coloring is just divine, Betty! And I love the design feature of the double framing! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #29! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great stamp and love how you created these two beauties Betty. So pretty

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is a versatile stamp Betty, and both parts look good double framed and matted. Thanks so for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge 29.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what a stunning pair of cards! So beautifully coloured and a very clever use of the stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the regal and elegant look of both of your cards, Betty! Navy and gold is one of my all time favorite color combinations, and it's perfect with your beautifully colored images! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty!!! Your coloring is amazing!! I LOVE how you used the flowers on the edges with the other edge of the butterfly. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this stamp, I've never seen it! Your cards are both beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, such pretty cards, so lovely! Wonderful butterfly and flowers! Love the gold frames, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is such an amazing stamp and I love what you have done with it. 2 really great cards, love the colours too xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perfect twofer cards for the challenge, Betty! The butterfly is beautifully colored and I love the second card using only the floral part!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are so wonderful Betty! I am in love with your birthday card! The gold framing was an excellent touch! Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!